In this overview, DEK will introduce metal surface finishing services- electropolishing with its definition, materials, applications and advantages or benefits.
What is Electropolishing Polishing?
Electropolishing, additionally known as electrolytic sprucing up, or electrochemical polishing, anodic polishing, it’s considered the reverse of electroplating. In the electropolishing process, the electrolyte chemicals connected to a power supply will liquefy the ridges and also valleys of the steel exterior to obtain a uniform and smooth surface area. The chemicals made use of in electrolytic polishing are generally acidic electrolytes such as sulfuric acid or phosphorus acid.
What metals can be polished electrolytically?
Mostly all metals or CNC machining metal parts can be electropolished, consisting of aluminium, brass, carbon steel, copper, stainless steel, cobalt-chrome, nickel alloys, titanium, while the most-commonly polished metals are 300- and also 400-series stainless steel.
- Medical and also dental industry. Make the surgical and also oral devices clean as well as running well.
- Food processing as well as product packaging. Sanitize the food processing machinery, containers.
- Aerospace parts. The vital aircraft components, bodies of sea vessels and aircraft.
- Automotive gears and fuel lines, the auto racing industry.
- Residence appliances such as refrigerators as well as cleaning machines.
- Semiconductor products. Irregularly-shaped objects.
- Mechanical parts.
Benefits or advantages of Electropolishing
- Reduce the roughness and improve the appearance of the metal machined products.
- Generate the metal parts less complicated to decontaminate and also cleanse.
- Higher resistance to rust and also corrosion.
- Lower friction and raise the magnetism of metal.
- Can reach areas that are unattainable by various other polishing methods.
- Can be used to reduce the size of components.
- Does not deform metal surface area layers like mechanical polishing.